Friday, November 25, 2016

The Complete VOODOO Volume 2 (IDW / Yoe Books)

The second volume in the Chilling Archives of Horror Comics Complete VOODOO collection arrives in stores December 6, and THOIA has two tales from within to terrify and tantalize you! Collecting issue #7 - 12, this is a seriously great gathering of gruesome violence, murderous monsters, and leggy, big eyed beauties! And will ya look at that-- what better, blacker day to pre-order your copy NOW than on bewitched Black Friday too! CLICK HERE for more info! And while you're at it, catch up on all of the other great IDW / Yoe horror collections --today!



































8 comments:

Brian Barnes said...

I might be mistaken, but I'm pretty sure I saw both of these on THOIA, so I just say that these are two seriously goofy tales, and they are all the better for it.

I've had Voodoo 2 on pre-order for months now!

Mr. Karswell said...

Yes, both stories were posted here many years ago, there's lots of VOODOO in the archive in fact-- thanks!

Grant said...

"Skulls of Doom" takes an idea as weird as the switched brains idea, and manages to make it a lot weirder. It also makes it even darker. If you don't feel sorry for Fisher (which I do, in spite of what he does to Torks), you obviously feel sorry for poor Tabu.
It also plays fast and loose with religious names (in an entertaining way), making "Vishnu" the name of an Egyptian deity not a Hindu one, and making it the name of one of those deified human beings.

Guy Callaway said...

"AGGHHH - you're slicing my skull open!"

Say what you will about Fischer, but he's a pretty quick study.
Both good tales!

Mr. Cavin said...

Two of my whacked-out faves! I can't wait to get the hardback.

M W Gallaher said...

Ahh, that golden era when you could really rake in the dough from giving history lectures!

Rick said...

I love these old dark mansion stories...all the cracks on the walls and shadows hiding who knows what horrors behind every corner. I enjoyed both stories but found the ending to the sisters tale just a bit too big headed for my personal tastes. uh-huh.

Grant said...

Even if they are whacked out, pictures like those third and second-to-last panels have always had an effect on me. Even since I was first introduced to "Modok" in the Marvel comics.